Vision and Ethos
At William Byrd School we:
• Make sure that the focus of everything we do is learning - for pupils and their families, staff and governors.
• Expect high standards of personal conduct from everyone in our school -courtesy, honesty and respect.
• Celebrate the cultural diversity within our school and local community.
• Develop and maintain good relationships - care for others, listen and learn.
• Create a supportive atmosphere based on care, safety and trust.
• Create a "have a go" culture, where people have the confidence to try new things.
• Look after the environment and care for property - the school's and other people's.